Photography by Eleanor Marriott

Image

Milan in the snow

Weekly photo challenge: delicate

I think that the winter, especially when there is snow, has the effect of making things look so much more delicate – from the skeleton trees to the people wrapped up in layers to protect themselves from the cold. The fences look like lattice-work and even the monuments look finer when powdered with snow.

14 responses

1. It’s Magical!

December 15, 2012 at 7:15 pm

2. Stunning photograph! :) so delicately beautiful

December 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm

3. it is picture card perfect Eleanor

December 15, 2012 at 2:34 am

4. Anonymous

More beautiful than any Christmas card, Eleanor. It is so well composed with your eye traveling from the building to the people near the bridge to the people and dogs in the foreground and then back around to the trees. Perfect!!. -margo

December 14, 2012 at 11:00 pm

• Hi Margo, it’s funny you should pick up on that because I thought the same today when I posted it – that I liked the way the various markers guided you into the monument and then back out again. Trust you, being an artist, to observe it too! Thanks for the feedback.

December 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm

• By the way Margo I should have said that, funnily enough, I have been selling this image as a Christmas card in Milan, along with another nice one also taken in the park that I’ll post another day – maybe even Christmas Day!

December 14, 2012 at 11:46 pm

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | a hectic life

6. What a magical photo- where is this please?

December 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm

• A fair question and an appropriate one for you Vastly Curious! It was taken in the Parque Sempione in Milan, Italy. The monument in the distance is the Arco della Pace (Arch of Peace). Funnily enough, although that photo was taken in February, it is snowing here right now – so I could be heading back to the park tomorrow!

December 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm

• What a beautiful place!!!!

December 14, 2012 at 11:27 pm

• Yes, Milan isn’t generally on the map as one of Italy’s most beautiful cities, but it has some special parts. I’m glad I’ve helped promote it’s finer qualities a bit!

December 14, 2012 at 11:32 pm

7. Northern Narratives

I like the delicate snow on the tree branches.

December 14, 2012 at 7:47 pm

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Stories of The Wandering Feet & Mind

If you wish to follow my blog please click on the 'follow' button on the bottom right-hand-side of the screen or top left. Any feedback on my photos would be gratefully received. Thanks!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,856 other followers